- A family in which the parents are divorced or separated: he comes from a broken homeMore example sentences
- Too much school work was the reason given by 84 per cent, broken homes and divorce were a problem for 52 per cent, and the easy availability of drugs and alcohol was a big issue for 42 per cent.
- In a country in which broken homes, absentee parents and latchkey kids are endemic to every social class, he can touch some of the hottest emotional buttons.
- Many come from broken homes or single-parent families and a large number have special educational needs.
More definitions of broken homeDefinition of broken home in:
- The US English dictionary