Definition of broken wind in English:
Another term for COPD in horses.
- COPD, broken wind and heaves are one and the same thing.
- The condition is also known as heaves, recurrent airway obstruction, broken wind, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or small airway disease.
- Back in the 1800s horses were said to be winded or to have broken wind when they had respiratory difficulties. They were called ‘pipers’ by horse dealers ...
- Example sentences
- Horses that are lame, broken-winded, and vicious, pull the great bulk of all the weight that horses pull.
- Not long afterwards the Horse, having become broken-winded, was sent by his owner to the farm.
- The horse turned out to be broken-winded and Roche refused to take it back.
Definition of broken wind in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan