- another term for COPD in horses.More example sentences
- COPD, broken wind and heaves are one and the same thing.
- The condition is also known as heaves, recurrent airway obstruction, broken wind, emphysema, chronic bronchitis or small airway disease.
- Back in the 1800s horses were said to be winded or to have broken wind when they had respiratory difficulties. They were called ‘pipers’ by horse dealers ...
- More example sentences
- Horses that are lame, broken-winded, and vicious, pull the great bulk of all the weight that horses pull.
- Not long afterwards the Horse, having become broken-winded, was sent by his owner to the farm.
- The horse turned out to be broken-winded and Roche refused to take it back.
More definitions of broken windDefinition of broken wind in:
- The US English dictionary