Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes. It typically causes bronchospasm and coughing.
More example sentences
- Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.
- Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.
- Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.
- More example sentences
- The odds ratio of bronchitic symptoms among children with asthma varied from 0.80 to 1.81 across the large range of pollutants between communities.
- These results suggest that both NO 2 and the OC fraction of respirable PM deserve greater attention as potential causes of the bronchitic symptoms associated with air pollution in children with asthma.
- Among the 475 children with asthma, 184 had bronchitic symptoms during the first year they contributed to the analysis.
Pronunciation: /-ˈkɪtɪk/adjective & noun
Definition of bronchitis in:
- The US English dictionary