Definition of bronchodilator in English:
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, for example any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.
- This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.
- Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.
- Example sentences
- Albuterol-induced bronchodilation is another suitable pharmacodynamic response in that it mimics clinical use as treatment for bronchospasm that is already present.
- Many of these studies have used albuterol-induced bronchodilation as the pharmacodynamic response measured.
- In addition to steroids, albuterol should be used for bronchodilation because of its short onset of action.
Definition of bronchodilator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan