Definition of bronchodilator in English:
A drug that causes widening of the bronchi, for example any of those taken by inhalation for the alleviation of asthma.
- Essential drug and medical supplies were supplemented to include oxygen, intravenous fluids, parenteral antibiotics, bronchodilators, and drugs for gynaecological and obstetric emergencies.
- This disease responds to asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.
- Inhalation of bronchodilators and corticosteroids is the mainstay of treatment for patients with asthma.
- bronchodilation noun
- Example sentences
- Albuterol-induced bronchodilation is another suitable pharmacodynamic response in that it mimics clinical use as treatment for bronchospasm that is already present.
- Many of these studies have used albuterol-induced bronchodilation as the pharmacodynamic response measured.
- In addition to steroids, albuterol should be used for bronchodilation because of its short onset of action.
Definition of bronchodilator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.