Definition of bronchoscope in English:
A fibre-optic cable that is passed into the windpipe in order to view the bronchi.
- Similarly, the World Congress of Gastroenterology and the British Thoracic Society espouse the recommendation that gastrointestinal endoscopes and bronchoscopes be disinfected before use on the first patient of the day.
- For rigid endoscopic delivery systems (eg, laryngoscopes, bronchoscopes, laparoscopes) care should be taken to avoid beam heating of the sheath wall.
- This was accomplished by anchoring the tissue with grasping forceps or applied suction, and removing the bronchoscope while visualizing the secured tissue as the bronchoscope passes through the upper airway.
- Example sentences
- I get the impression that medical students think that sputum cytology is really bronchoscopy with lavage cytology.
- Current applications of virtual reality in preoperative diagnostics include gastroscopy, bronchoscopy, and colonoscopy.
- The use of lavage alone at bronchoscopy avoids transbronchial biopsy with its complications of haemorrhage and pneumothorax.
Definition of bronchoscope in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan