(also brontosaur /ˈbrɒntəsɔː/)
- former term for apatosaurus.More example sentences
- It must have been a truly awesome sight to watch a herd of brontosaurs crossing a Mesozoic floodplain; evoking the same sense of awe, and puniness in one's own being in comparison, as one would feel when observing whales close up.
- Many paleontologists argue that brontosaurs and other huge dinos really didn't lumber and weren't stupid.
- He had a brain in him the size of a bloated brontosaurus, but unfortunately he had a temper to match.
modern Latin (former genus name), from Greek brontē 'thunder' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of brontosaurusDefinition of brontosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary