- A small white-flowered European plant which grows in wet ground, typically near the sea.
More example sentences
- Samolus valerandi, family Primulaceae
- The margins support a range of wetland plants including brookweed, arrowhead and purple loosestrife.
- Plants to look out for include wild thyme and bird's foot trefoil on shallow rocky soils, white-flowered brookweed in wet areas and yellow-flowered tormentil on dry heath-land.
- Samolus valerandi (brookweed) is a short, creeping perennial with erect stems to 20 cm.