- 1Typical of how brothers behave towards each other; fraternal: he and I had such a brotherly bondMore example sentences
- A more brotherly feeling has created closer ties.
- He gave her a brotherly embrace in return.
- Violence is limited to a dog attack ending in ripped clothing but no injuries, and Abby's boys have a brotherly scuffle.
- 1.1Showing affection and concern; affectionate: you could feel the warmth and the brotherly kindnessMore example sentences
- She cried as she rose and went towards him, he enveloped her in a big brotherly hug.
- He tried to comfort her with a brotherly embrace.
- Instead, I felt different emotions, more brotherly, for him.
- More example sentences
- The qualities of humility, modesty and good brotherliness, which are attained through sound knowledge and education, would see us through in these trying times.
- One just has to admire the cozy sociability and bend over brotherliness of these folks from Arkansas.
- All of us should cooperate in maintaining law and order and in promoting peace and brotherliness.