- 1A horse-drawn carriage with a roof, four wheels, and an open driver’s seat in front.More example sentences
- The brougham, a one-horse closed carriage, with two or four wheels, is named after him.
- Horse drawn broughams can still be seen at horse fairs and special occasions, and are in many cases restored Victorian broughams.
- A restored brougham can command a high price at market, since it often includes many handmade components and accents.
mid 19th century: named after Lord Brougham (1778–1868), who designed the carriage.
More definitions of broughamDefinition of brougham in:
- The US English dictionary