Definition of brown belt in English:
1A belt of a brown colour marking a level of proficiency below that of a black belt in judo, karate, or other martial arts.
- I know about your brown belt in Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do.
- This is probably unrealistic, given that Razayee has only a brown belt in judo.
- Sure he'd done some karate sparring with Manda, but his skill was still on the beginner's level, unlike Manda, who had a brown belt in karate.
1.1A person qualified to wear a brown belt.
- I'm a brown belt in Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do.
- I'm beginning to sense that brown belts are the karate equivalent of World War I infantrymen.
- Victoria recalls the night they were all wrestling and Cara-Beth, a brown belt in karate, chipped one of Tiffany's teeth.
Definition of brown belt in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan