Definition of brown owl in English:
1 another term for tawny owl.
- At present there is a brown owl, white-faced owls and natal francolin in the room.
- The actual benefits will be the natural vegetation of the riverbank corridor; increasing diversity of wildlife, such as brown owls, water voles, kingfishers and otters, as well as providing cover and food for fish populations.
- She looked down to the tree in the backyard and noticed a small brown owl sitting on one of the branches.
2 (Brown Owl) British informal The adult leader of a group of Brownies, officially termed the Brownie Guider since 1968.
- I've been a Brown Owl on and off since 1967, totalling 25 years in all.
- Married with two children, she has lived in the area for many years, and her 20 years of voluntary work includes long service with the Guide Association for which she acts as a Brown Owl.
- It was a Brown Owl informing him that there were children present.
Definition of brown owl in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.