- A mark made by a paintbrush drawn across a surface.More example sentences
- The finished work is executed on hot-press watercolor paper with controlled brushstrokes on a dampened surface.
- Almost entirely covered with neatly cut pieces of found printed paper, the surfaces are also streaked with linear brushstrokes and small passages of transparent washes.
- Influenced by artists Robert Motherwell and Joan Mitchell, McClymont uses the strong, gestural brushstrokes of the post-war Abstract Expressionists.
More definitions of brushstrokeDefinition of brushstroke in:
- The US English dictionary