(also brush-tailed possum)
- A nocturnal and mainly tree-dwelling Australasian marsupial, which has a pointed muzzle and a furred tail with a naked tip.
More example sentences
- Genus Trichosurus, family Phalangeridae: three species, in particular the common brushtail (T. vulpecula), frequently found in suburban areas
- One mammal I have studied, the Australian brush-tailed possum, harms mistletoe in a direct way, by devouring it.
- Native to Australia, where they are now protected, brush-tailed possums were first introduced to New Zealand in 1837 to jump-start the fur trade.
- The Australian brush-tailed possum, put simply, is a pest of epidemic proportions.