- The way in which a painter uses their brush, as evident in their paintings: canvases characterized by lively, flowing brushworkMore example sentences
- On his return to Amsterdam by c. 1562, he became one of the earliest artists to introduce to the Netherlands the rich colours and painterly brushwork of Venetian painting.
- This illusionism is contradicted by brushwork highlighting the front picture plane or establishing ambiguous layers of space lying beyond.
- Unlike the other Scottish Colourists, he was initially less influenced by Post-Impressionism and Fauvism than by the tradition of virtuoso brushwork stemming from Manet.
More definitions of brushworkDefinition of brushwork in:
- The US English dictionary