- 1Covered in or consisting of brushwood: a brushy hillsideMore example sentences
- In winter, they can be found below the snow zone throughout the state where there is brushy cover, although they are more abundant west of the Cascades.
- Clean cultivation, elimination of brushy areas and fence rows, high use of pesticides during most of the growing season (such as in orchards), all contribute to the reduction in numbers of native bees.
- An insistent call pulled me toward a brushy area, and in the fading light, I just barely saw a bird fly up into a small tree.
- 2 Art Displaying bold use of the brush in painting: brushy outlining of formMore example sentences
- An oddly shaped white and yellow puddle of thinned pigment, its isolation heightened by an expanse of brushy, unmodulated blue, recalls Miro in its comic vulnerability.
- The skittering streaks and brushy splashes of color - punctuated by incidental drips and blobs - tend to remain discrete, but when they are allowed to run together, the effect is spectacular.
- In Stueck, 110 by 134 inches, a brushy rectangle of pink and pale orange is loosely framed against a dark-green coil: hose, serpent or tentacle.
More definitions of brushyDefinition of brushy in:
- The US English dictionary