- Involuntary habitual grinding of the teeth, typically during sleep.More example sentences
- He was a prolific author and actively contributed to the scientific literature on phobias, pain, habit control, anxiety management, healing, bruxism, and hypnotic techniques.
- Sleep bruxism is forceful grinding of the teeth during sleep and about which the subject is unaware.
- Orthodontic problems and bruxism are more common than in the general population.
1930s: from Greek brukhein 'gnash the teeth' + -ism.
More definitions of bruxismDefinition of bruxism in:
- The US English dictionary