noun[mass noun] British
- Cooked cabbage fried with cooked potatoes and often meat.More example sentences
- I sat over a plate of bubble and squeak topped with two fried eggs and contemplated the canvas, all blocked out and ready for colour.
- Greene is so stuffed with bubble and squeak and bunched into his Seville Row wardrobe that he's as convincing as a corncob in the role of brave hero.
- And there was some unspeakable bubble and squeak in a dry, pot-shaped lump that had the flavour of frostbitten turnip.
late 18th century: from the sounds of the mixture cooking.
More definitions of bubble and squeakDefinition of bubble and squeak in:
- The US English dictionary