- An apparatus designed to make the tracks of ionizing particles visible as a row of bubbles in a liquid.More example sentences
- The photo above shows the tracks left in a bubble chamber by tiny electrically charged subatomic particles as they travel through a special fluid that makes bubbles in the presence of electric charge.
- For example, a bubble chamber contains a liquid gas, such as liquid hydrogen.
- He won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for the development of the hydrogen bubble chamber and the discovery of new resonance states.
More definitions of bubble chamberDefinition of bubble chamber in:
- The US English dictionary