noun[mass noun] North American • informal
- Nervousness felt by novice hunters when they first sight game: it wasn’t a simple case of buck fever, because he had killed his first mooseMore example sentences
- If you think buck fever is something at 200 or 300 yards, try it at 10 and be ready to rock.
- I can provide new first-time hunters with a stable firing platform that hides all of their buck fever and fidgeting.
- Another form of buck fever is inability to pull the trigger.
More definitions of buck feverDefinition of buck fever in:
- The US English dictionary