- A European fern with deeply divided lobes and with stalks that are typically covered with brown scales.
More example sentences
- Several species in the genus Dryopteris, family Dryopteridaceae
- There were plenty of ferns in the wood, but they were mostly male fern or common buckler fern, with a good number of hard ferns along the path-sides.
- Some of the rare plants to benefit from the Project will include limestone fern, baneberry, soloman's seal and rigid buckler fern.
- The native broad buckler fern is a deciduous fern to 80 cm x 80 cm usually found in moist situations in native woods, commonest on acid soil.