- Graft a bud from (a plant) on to another plant.More example sentences
- Also, after these roses were germinated and grown for a short while, the breeder then bud grafts them onto a robust rootstock to watch their growth attributes for several years.
- Three or five apple varieties are bud-grafted onto the same tree.
- Clones of Hevea brasiliensis are normally bud-grafted on seedling rootstocks.
nounBack to top
- A plant grown by grafting a bud from one plant on to another plant.More example sentences
- Many citrus fruits are hybrids created through cross-pollination or through bud grafts, when root stock from one species or variety is grafted onto another to produce a new species or variety.
- It is a non-vegetative bud graft particularly suited to vines in warm climates.
- Within a week to ten days you will be able to determine if the bud graft has taken.
More definitions of bud-graftDefinition of bud-graft in:
- The US English dictionary