Definition of budo in English:
- Entering a dojo and making a career of teaching budo will create a lot of parental opposition.
- Budo must always begin and end with reigi, for without reigi, budo can never be proper budo.
- He believed in the idea of self-sufficiency and the combination of budo and farming.
1.1The code on which martial arts are all based.
- It is with this hope that we establish the Budo Charter in order to uphold the fundamental principles of traditional budo.
- To understand the tradition and the philosophies that this style of karate-do represents, we must first visit the origin of budo and trace the path on which it was formed.
- But to my way of thinking, there is no doubt that budo is what forms the roots of aikido.
Japanese budō, from bu 'military' + dō 'way'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan