1North American A psychiatric hospital.
- Yates faced some formidable obstacles: a broken home, tuberculosis, rampant alcoholism, divorce, lack of recognition and manic depression - a combination that sent him, as he put it, ‘in and out of bughouses’.
- If this guy isn't really one step from the bughouse cell next to Hannibal Lecter, he should receive a retroactive Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
- "Without my wife I would have gone to the bughouse a long time ago," he claims.
- Petulant as a small boy he went "bughouse" when crossed, but he was cunning, and he earned the respect of New York City's top crooks.
- First of all, I'm in no way condoning his bughouse behavior, only the fact that he recognized that he was out of line and stepped down as a result.
Definition of bughouse in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.