Definition of bughouse in English:
1North American A psychiatric hospital.
- Yates faced some formidable obstacles: a broken home, tuberculosis, rampant alcoholism, divorce, lack of recognition and manic depression - a combination that sent him, as he put it, ‘in and out of bughouses’.
- If this guy isn't really one step from the bughouse cell next to Hannibal Lecter, he should receive a retroactive Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
- "Without my wife I would have gone to the bughouse a long time ago," he claims.
adjectiveNorth American Back to top
- Petulant as a small boy he went "bughouse" when crossed, but he was cunning, and he earned the respect of New York City's top crooks.
- First of all, I'm in no way condoning his bughouse behavior, only the fact that he recognized that he was out of line and stepped down as a result.
Definition of bughouse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan