- 1Fat, round, or bulging: a bulbous noseMore example sentences
- Of middling height, Arnold was badly overweight, with the bulbous red nose and watery eyes of someone long lost to the bottle.
- The Hull shape is of round bilge construction with bulbous bow and sterns keg, flared stem and transom stern.
- Men with giant hands, bulbous noses and bulging eyes congregate and argue over the price of gangs of horses.
- 2(Of a plant) growing from a bulb: the bulbous buttercupMore example sentences
- Although the Hippeastrum can be grown outside in the garden in climatic zones 9 and 10, this bulbous plant is still much more suitable for bringing into flower indoors.
- In early spring, white-flowering bulbous cress and waxy yellow swamp buttercup provide bright splashes on the forest floor.
- This species of pelargonium is indigenous to the Eastern Cape and grows wild, sending out long bulbous roots deep into the ground.