noun[mass noun] chiefly US
Another term for bulimia nervosa (see bulimia).
- The juxtaposition of two accounts of Tanya's bulimarexia provides insight into the effects an eating disorder can have on a family.
- There is a childish selfishness to bulimarexia, - I'm going to do this to my body and you can't stop me.
- I have had issues with bulimarexia and am bipolar as well.
bulimarexic adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- In this paper I present clinical observations about the bulimarexic's lack of belief in people's intentions to communicate personally with one another and the affectual communicative function of the spoken word.
- The lives of bulimarexics are devoid of fun, humor, and genuine self-pleasure.
- Another case study in the book is of a bulimarexic, a person who eats in binges, then forces himself to vomit or purges the food with laxatives.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bu¦lima|rexia
Definition of bulimarexia in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.