- A dividing wall or barrier between separate compartments inside a ship, aircraft, or other vehicle.More example sentences
- The frigates have a double-skinned hull divided by ten bulkheads into watertight compartments.
- The submarine consists of six watertight compartments separated by transverse bulkheads in a pressurised double-hull.
- The aft compartment extended from the wing rear beam to a point forward of the aft pressure bulkhead of the fuselage.
late 15th century: from Old Norse bálkr 'partition' + head.
More definitions of bulkheadDefinition of bulkhead in:
- The US English dictionary