- A very large brown seaweed found in Pacific and Antarctic waters, growing up to 50 m in length off the north-western coasts of North America.
More example sentences
- Nereocystis and other genera, class Phaeophyceae
- On the beaches he noted black duck, grey and chestnut teal, black currawongs, blue wrens and waders feeding among bull kelp where kelp flies bred, their maggots the staple diet along the exposed coastline.
- Taking her chances in the powerful, nutrient-rich coastal currents of British Columbia, she enjoys an exhilarating sweep through a world of metre-wide starfish, titanic octopuses and giant bull kelp.
- Add finely shredded bull kelp and simmer for 15 minutes.
More definitions of bull kelpDefinition of bull kelp in:
- The US English dictionary