Definition of bull-necked in English:
(Of a man) having a thick, strong neck: a beefy, bull-necked cop
More example sentences
- Bacon, whose portraits show him to be a huge, bull-necked man, answered, ‘Madam, my house is well, but it is you that have made me too great for my house’.
- Henry was nineteen years old, bull-necked, stocky and freckled, a man of electric energy and ferocious impatience, compelling charm and an ungovernable temper.
- In a piece labelled ‘The Crow Files’, the newspaper wrote, ‘It is no coincidence that the bull-necked, bullhorn-voiced Mr Crow is an ardent support of Millwall football club, whose thuggish fans rejoice in their unpopularity’.
bull neck noun
- Example sentences
- At close quarters the massive head and bill, the bull neck and short tail combine to give the hawfinch a stocky, top-heavy appearance.
- He has a bull neck, a beefy body, and talks like a cowboy.
- Graham James Ingliss is a big man with a red face and bull neck.
Words that rhyme with bull-neckedaffect, bisect, collect, confect, connect, correct, defect, deflect, deject, detect, direct, effect, eject, elect, erect, expect, infect, inflect, inject, inspect, interconnect, interject, intersect, misdirect, neglect, object, perfect, project, prospect, protect, reflect, reject, respect, resurrect, sect, select, subject, suspect, transect, unchecked, Utrecht
Definition of bull-necked in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan