Definition of bull-necked in English:
(Of a man) having a thick, strong neck: a beefy, bull-necked cop
More example sentences
- Bacon, whose portraits show him to be a huge, bull-necked man, answered, ‘Madam, my house is well, but it is you that have made me too great for my house’.
- Henry was nineteen years old, bull-necked, stocky and freckled, a man of electric energy and ferocious impatience, compelling charm and an ungovernable temper.
- In a piece labelled ‘The Crow Files’, the newspaper wrote, ‘It is no coincidence that the bull-necked, bullhorn-voiced Mr Crow is an ardent support of Millwall football club, whose thuggish fans rejoice in their unpopularity’.
- bull neck noun
- Example sentences
- At close quarters the massive head and bill, the bull neck and short tail combine to give the hawfinch a stocky, top-heavy appearance.
- He has a bull neck, a beefy body, and talks like a cowboy.
- Graham James Ingliss is a big man with a red face and bull neck.
Words that rhyme with bull-neckedaffect, bisect, collect, confect, connect, correct, defect, deflect, deject, detect, direct, effect, eject, elect, erect, expect, infect, inflect, inject, inspect, interconnect, interject, intersect, misdirect, neglect, object, perfect, project, prospect, protect, reflect, reject, respect, resurrect, sect, select, subject, suspect, transect, unchecked, Utrecht
Definition of bull-necked in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.