- Covered with rounded swellings like blisters.More example sentences
- Adult leaf: often entire, mid-green blade, involute, slightly bullate and crinkled, very little pigment in the veins.
- The distinguishing characteristic of this species is the extremely bullate leaves.
- Paranephelius is composed of acaulescent herbs with showy, yellow capitula, sessile in the center of a basal rosette of leaves, often with bullate leaf surfaces.
mid 18th century: from Latin bullatus, from Latin bulla 'bubble'.
More definitions of bullateDefinition of bullate in:
- The US English dictionary