- A fish-eating bat that has long legs and very large feet with sharp claws, native to Central and South America. Also called fisherman bat, mastiff bat.
More example sentences
- Noctilio leporinus, family Noctilionidae
- Examples of this include the bulldog bat, who has adapted to catch fish, or the infamous Desmodus rotundus or vampire bat which survives primarily on the blood of mammals.
- The bulldog bat is also called the fishing or fisherman bat.
- The tail of bulldog bats runs through the uropatagium for about half the length of the membrane, then exits dorsally, and the terminal part of the tail is free.