- 1Gold or silver in bulk before coining, or valued by weight: [with modifier]: gold bullionMore example sentences
- He put a graph where he compared the value in weight of his degree with the corresponding value of gold bullion.
- Employees at the gold bullion and precious metals firm Johnson Matthey began the first in a series of 24-hour strikes on September 23.
- We will keep you fully posted on any further dictators / bullion / gold coins unearthed in palaces or small holes in the ground, and any business opportunities which may arise from such discoveries.
- 2Ornamental braid or fringing made with twists of gold or silver thread: [as modifier]: bullion cordsMore example sentences
- The air is so thick with pollution that the canvas surface fairly crackles with beads and bullion.
- We carry a vast collection of tassels, curtain tie-back tassel, beaded fringe, bullion fringe, chainette fringe, tassel fringe, chair tie tassels, jacquard ribbon, lace, beaded appliqués and many more at the best possible prices.
- This pillow has a gorgeous raised peach tone fabric with quality leopard inlay and bullion fringe.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, in the sense 'a mint', variant of Old French bouillon, based on Latin bullire 'to boil'.
More definitions of bullionDefinition of bullion in:
- The US English dictionary