- 1Aggressively confident and self-assertive: he has campaigned courageously despite difficulties that would have stopped many more bullish menMore example sentences
- He won't attempt to predict the future or make bullish claims about what Rangers will achieve this season.
- Overall, Noonan performed well, delivering to a relieved party a confident, bullish, passionate outline of where he would take Fine Gael from here.
- The DUP is shaping up with bullish electoral confidence in a unionist community snared in an apparently permanent quandary.
- 2 Stock Exchange Characterized by rising share prices: the market was bullishMore example sentences
- The London market finished the week on a bullish note yesterday, with shares surging ahead as investor confidence improved.
- The phenomenon has shown no signs of waning, even during bullish periods in the stock market.
- As often happens, when the market gets too bullish or too bearish, conditions become ripe for a reversal.
- 2.1(Of a dealer) inclined to buy because of an anticipated rise in prices: high points in the stock market cycle, when investors are at their most bullishMore example sentences
- ‘Sometimes the market gets in a rut,’ a usually bullish trader in London said.
- Faber said the question of whether he was bullish or bearish about stock markets around the world was irrelevant.
- When people are too bullish, they push prices to outlandish levels, and set the stage for a market tumble.
- 2.2Confident or optimistic about something: we are very bullish about our prospectsMore example sentences
- The question is whether corporations would be so bullish on racial preferences in university admissions were they not under such pressure to diversify their own workforces.
- Last year, I was too bullish on the economy, convinced that Terror War spending would cause enough increase in aggregate demand to jumpstart us out of the doldrums.
- Oh, long term, I'm very bullish on the U.S. economy, Wolf.
- More example sentences
- Ed, however, remains bullishly optimistic, as this new series reveals.
- ‘The numbers speak for themselves,’ Berwin says bullishly.
- ‘I always thought you judged a race after it's over,’ he says bullishly.
- More example sentences
- Wall Street insiders attributed this bullishness to optimism about new technologies.
- To hear professional investors tell it, their current bullishness is based on the vastly more prudent economic policies that emerging-market nations have adopted.
- Above all, there is a genuine bullishness that the NFL's development league can continue to thrive in the face of the expected competition offered by the WWF-backed Extreme Football League.