Definition of bumper-to-bumper in English:
1Very close together, as cars in a traffic jam.
- Traffic was bumper-to-bumper after police closed part of Ribbleton Lane and Deepdale Road, near the prison, and also St Mary's Street, off Ribbleton Lane.
- Both the morning and afternoon races witnessed the closest bumper-to-bumper action that the S championship has seen so far in 2005, with similar starts but very different endings.
- Usually on any working day the traffic moves bumper-to-bumper.
1.1(Of an insurance policy) comprehensive; all-inclusive: choose our 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty
More example sentences
- In addition, unlike comprehensive bumper-to-bumper car warranties, boats are sold with separate warranties for the boat and for the engine, as well as a host of warranties for other equipment on board.
- Right off the internet, you can buy extended warranty used car coverage that is generally bumper-to-bumper and lasts several years.
- Hyundai offers a 100,000-mile warranty on its engine and related powertrain systems and a 60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty on other vehicle parts and systems.
Definition of bumper-to-bumper in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.