noun (plural bun feet)
- A foot in the shape of a flattened sphere, used for chairs, tables, or other furniture in the late 17th century.More example sentences
- The gadrooned column and lobed bun feet of the games table illustrated in Figure 5 are typical of the heavy silhouettes associated with the late 1820s and the 1830s, and the use of ebony or ebonized wood emphasizes these elements.
- My best find was two Victorian chairs with mahogany bun feet that had been dumped in a builder's skip.
- Thus, we know that bun feet preceded bracket feet and that through dovetails were succeeded by lapped dovetails.
More definitions of bun footDefinition of bun foot in:
- The US English dictionary