noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound found in the venom of the krait (snake) which is a powerful neurotoxin.More example sentences
- Venoms of the Elapidae snakes contain several postsynaptic polypeptide neurotoxins, such as bungarotoxin isolated from the venom of the banded krait.
- Nicotine and the snake venom, [alpha] bungarotoxin, also bind these receptors with agonistic and antagonistic effects, respectively.
- Electron density profile structures were calculated in the absence and presence of [alpha] bungarotoxin, revealing a location for the toxin binding sites.
1960s: from the modern Latin genus name Bungarus (perhaps from Sanskrit bhaṅgura 'bent') + toxin.
More definitions of bungarotoxinDefinition of bungarotoxin in:
- The US English dictionary