- A plant of the daisy family, with inconspicuous yellow flowers and small barbed fruit which cling to passing animals. Several kinds are widespread weeds.
More example sentences
- Genus Bidens, family Compositae: several species, in particular B. frondosa
- Next of kin to the golden coreopsis, it behooves some of the bur-marigolds to redeem their clan's reputation for ugliness.
- In the fall, bur-marigolds, also known as beggar-ticks because their barbed fruit stick to clothing, provide a spectacular display of yellow flowers.
- Half has been left for the orange foxtail, bur-marigolds (after discussions last year).
More definitions of bur-marigoldDefinition of bur-marigold in:
- The US English dictionary