- An aquatic reed-like plant with rounded flower heads. Its oily seeds are an important source of winter food for wildfowl.
More example sentences
- Genus Sparganium, family Sparganiaceae
- Examples of emergent aquatic plants include bur-reeds and Sagittaria or Arrowhead.
- The other bur-reeds have one stigma, and the fruit tapers to the base and apex.
- Connecticut has seven species of bur-reed, all rather similar in appearance and distinguished by technical characteristics.
More definitions of bur-reedDefinition of bur-reed in:
- The US English dictionary