- The mayor of a Dutch, Flemish, German, Austrian, or Swiss town.More example sentences
- Ten days later, I arrived with my trucks, while, back in Bevensen, a group of citizens chosen by the burgomaster were putting the final touches to the place of entertainment.
- Everyone who saw him was in agreement that the triumph of his long career was Mathias, the guilt-ridden burgomaster in Leopold Lewis's melodrama The Bells.
- The artist worked for the Amsterdam burgomasters, John Maurice of Nassau, and the Elector of Brandenburg.
More definitions of burgomasterDefinition of burgomaster in:
- The US English dictionary