(also burley tobacco)
- A tobacco of a light-coloured variety which is grown mainly in Kentucky, USA.More example sentences
- Plant breeders have developed many good varieties and hybrids of burley tobacco, all of which are available to Ohio growers.
- To survive in the Mils and hollows of western North Carolina, a farmer had to know how to grow burley tobacco.
- He explained that 22,053,231 Kilogrammes was Virginia while 18,800,00 kilogrammes was burley tobacco.
late 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of burleyDefinition of burley in:
- The US English dictionary