- Genus Sanguisorba, family Rosaceae: several species, including the edible salad burnet (S. minor), and the spiny shrub-like thorny burnet (S. spinosum) of the eastern Mediterranean.
- I use thyme, sage, rosemary, chives, basil, dill, sorrel, salad burnet, chervil, oregano and mint as well as parsley.
- Some of our favorites are the long, skinny French radishes, French purslane, arugula, mache, salad burnet, lemon verbena, leeks and, of course, all kinds of tomatoes.
- There is always room to include Italian and curly parsley, sorrel, salad burnet, mustard, chard, and kale greens.
- Zygaena and other genera, family Zygaenidae.
- A handful of the first Burnet Moths of the year were seen on Lancing Ring meadows and around the dewpond.
- The six-spot burnet moth is brightly coloured and is active by day.
- In June the Burnet moths begin to emerge.
Middle English (denoting a kind of dark brown woollen cloth): from Old French brunete, burnete (denoting brown cloth or a plant with brown flowers), diminutives of brun 'brown'.
Words that rhyme with burnetalternate
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bur¦net
Definition of burnet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.