Definition of burning bush in English:
1Any of a number of shrubs noted for their bright red autumn foliage, in particular the kochia or the smoke tree.
- But the burning bush sells doubly well in Scotland.
- Barberry, knotweed, ailanthus, and the brilliant Euonymus known as burning bush are just some of the horticultural immigrants that continue to out-compete many of our indigenous species.
3 another term for gas plant.
- It is known variously as Burning-bush, False Dittany, White Dittany, and Gas-plant.
- Gas plant, also known as burning bush, is a perennial flower.
- The flowers (white or pink) and the leaves give off a strong aromatic vapour which can be ignited, hence the names gas plant and burning bush.
mid 19th century: with biblical allusion to Exod. 3:2.
Definition of burning bush in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan