- 1An Australian cycad with palm-like leaves and a sunken underground trunk.
More example sentences
- Macrozamia spiralis, family Zamiaceae
- Spotted gums with a canopy of burrawangs form the main plant community in the park.
- Up the slope of the mountain the scrub is less, and massed burrawangs hang out their fronds as if to repel the wanderer.
- In the foreground are burrawangs and beautiful native wattle in flower.
- 1.1The poisonous nut of the burrawang, which becomes edible after prolonged soaking.More example sentences
- The original terrain was full of eucalypt, figs, geebungs, yams and burrawang nuts.
- Burrawang is a nut that is present only in the coastal fringes.
early 19th century: from Dharuk.
More definitions of burrawangDefinition of burrawang in:
- The US English dictionary