- A glandular sac opening into the cloaca of a bird, producing B-cells.More example sentences
- Males with large badges have a smaller bursa of Fabricius than do average males.
- These drugs prevent development of the bursa of Fabricius and so selectively reduce humoral immunocompetence without influencing macrophages or cell-mediated immunity.
- Birds that possessed a bursa of Fabricius were classified as young birds in their second or third calendar year.
mid 19th century (in the Latin form bursa Fabricii): from bursa and a Latinized form of the name of Girolama Fabrici (1533–1619), Italian anatomist.
More definitions of bursa of FabriciusDefinition of bursa of Fabricius in:
- The US English dictionary