Definition of bursar in English:
1A person who manages the financial affairs of a college or school.
- Conspiracy theories have been fuelled by evidence that the committee of college bursars has commissioned a report into rent levels but has refused to make its findings public.
- Under this practice, the college bursar was compelled to hand out as much money as students might request at the beginning of the semester.
- Earlier, colleagues at the university paid tribute to Mr Nicholson who worked as a bursar for three colleges over 24 years.
2Scottish A student who holds a bursary.
- That programme has supported 463 students over 5 years, with bursars achieving an 80 to 95 percent pass rate.
- The Bank awards £1,000 for each year of a bursar's degree programme.
- The bursars will be chosen on the basis of the information provided to the University through those web pages, with financial need being the major determining factor.
Definition of bursar in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan