- 1A person who manages the financial affairs of a college or school.More example sentences
- Conspiracy theories have been fuelled by evidence that the committee of college bursars has commissioned a report into rent levels but has refused to make its findings public.
- Under this practice, the college bursar was compelled to hand out as much money as students might request at the beginning of the semester.
- Earlier, colleagues at the university paid tribute to Mr Nicholson who worked as a bursar for three colleges over 24 years.
- 2Scottish A student who holds a bursary.More example sentences
- That programme has supported 463 students over 5 years, with bursars achieving an 80 to 95 percent pass rate.
- The Bank awards £1,000 for each year of a bursar's degree programme.
- The bursars will be chosen on the basis of the information provided to the University through those web pages, with financial need being the major determining factor.
More definitions of bursarDefinition of bursar in:
- The US English dictionary