noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of a bursa, typically one in a shoulder joint.More example sentences
- There is an association of retrocalcaneal bursitis with rheumatoid arthritis seen in up to 10% of patients with this disease.
- Inflammation of a bursa is called bursitis, which most often occurs in shoulders, knees, elbows and hips.
- In patients with retrocalcaneal bursitis, the retrocalcaneal bursa should be completely excised.
More definitions of bursitisDefinition of bursitis in:
- The US English dictionary