- An Australasian rail (bird) with plain brown and grey plumage.
More example sentences
- Amaurornis olivaceus, family Rallidae. Alternative name: rufous-tailed moorhen
- The same applies to the bush-hen, whose large nest is associated with the swelling round the taytu plant when tubers are plentiful…
- The Bush-hens call throughout the night upon arrival.
- The pond in Hidden Valley used by breeding Bush Hens would be clearly identified and protected from disturbance and/or hydrological effects during construction.