(also African bush pig)
A wild pig that is native to the forests and savannahs of Africa and Madagascar. Also called red river hog.
- Potamochoerus porcus, family Suidae
More example sentences
- In addition to its star gorillas, Bwindi is host to elephant, bush pig, giant forest hog and over 300 species of birds including rare forest birds.
- Certain prey like bush pig and warthog, with their razor-sharp tusks, are handled differently from the horned and kicking antelopes.
- Perhaps it was a bush pig that would grunt and snuffle away when it spotted her.
More definitions of bush pigDefinition of bush pig in:
- The US English dictionary