noun (plural bushbabies)
- A small nocturnal tree-dwelling African primate with very large eyes. Also called galago.
More example sentences
- Genus Galago, family Lorisidae, suborder Prosimii: several species
- Only in recent decades have prosimians - a suborder of primates that includes lemurs, lorises, bushbabies, and tarsiers - begun to be studied systematically.
- These new finds double the age of the sparse fossil record for lorises and bushbabies, which with lemurs make up a primate group called the strepsirrhines.
- The island has a colony of flying foxes, bushbabies, monkeys, squirrels and monitor lizards.
More definitions of bushbabyDefinition of bushbaby in:
- The US English dictionary