- The code of honour and morals developed by the Japanese samurai.More example sentences
- Hara kiri developed as an integral part of the code of bushido and the discipline of the samurai warrior class.
- It's set in 1865, the year regarded as the last hurrah for bushido, the samurai code (Japan was on the verge of leaving its self-imposed isolation).
- The notion that the samurai's bushido represents a moral or social principle to live by is more than dubious.
Japanese, from bushi 'samurai' + dō 'way'.
More definitions of bushidoDefinition of bushido in:
- The US English dictionary