- 1A region in the hot dry north-east of South Africa and adjoining countries.More example sentences
- The children were mesmerised with how unique, in the context of world resorts, this one in the Bushveld of South Africa's north-west province was.
- The Bushveld, the Great Dyke, and Tellnes are places where such deposits are exploited.
- Later, in 1937, he also discovered and developed huge chrome deposits associated with the platinum ore at Wintersveld in the Bushveld.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The type of vegetation of the Bushveld, dominated by low-growing thorn trees and bush.More example sentences
- A tough palate and lots of viscous saliva enables giraffes to digest acacia thorns with ease, hence their wide distribution in savannah and thick bushveld in sub-Sahara Africa.
- Scott said the industry had picked up in the past 10 years in the province, which boasts different habitats, from rain forest to valley bushveld.
- The trees are tall, the gardens are beautiful, and the atmosphere feels almost bushveld, with the surrounding suburbs not always visible.